Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Run Free, Alex


I threw a party on Facebook last night. There were party hats.  A lot of shouting. Loud Hurrahs!! 

In case you missed it on Facebook I am throwing it here as well.

ALEX HAS A FAMILY!
 
 
 

Sweet boy has a family!

I've been grieving Micah.  I've been grieving Isolde.


Each time I put them at the bottom of my posts I cry out against the injustice of a world that hides children away just because... I couldn't bear to remove them while we raise the matching grants. I know they have aged out but deep in my being I've hoped for a miracle.  I can't stand the thought that these two will spend the rest of their lives hidden behind walls.

And all the while I have stormed heaven for Alex.

Please Lord, not Alex too....

 
 
Wherever you are and whatever you are doing... Throw a party, people! Alex will soon be free of those cages.  He's going to run free. I just can't stand it! I'm crying as I type those words.  Thank you, Jesus.  Thank you.


ALEX HAS A FAMILY!

If you think your donations don't matter... I know the family adopting Alex is beyond grateful for the money in his grant account. I know that it played a part as they considered adopting him. Money is a factor. It is a barrier.  It causes many to turn away from the very possibility even when empty chairs cry out to be filled at their tables.

Last year at this time our John had just been listed on Reece's Rainbow - his RR name was Ian.  After he was listed, there were a number of people who made it their mission to get money into his grant account. When we committed to him in April he had 3,300 in his account. We would have adopted him anyway, but let me tell you that that money was a HUGE blessing.  It was one less burden we had to bear at that time.  I wanted to reach out and hug every single person who gave so freely to him. They carried part of our load for us by gifting John with that money.

Your gifts matter.

Your whispered prayers matter even more.

At the beginning of November, six boys were offered a $5,000 matching grant. We have met the match for three of the boys. We have three boys left. Each boy will receive $1,000 when we raise $1,000 for them. This ends November 30th. 

When we have revealed all four pictures, I am going to give away four professionally done prints from four of the portraits.  Winners will get to choose which portrait they want printed. 
 
I just need 89 people willing to donate $10.00 to remove a box of love.
 
I am more than willing to take people willing to donate MORE than $10.00 to remove even more boxes. 
 
I'm not picky.
 
We have $899.50 left to raise.


 
 
 BEN http://reecesrainbow.org/90775/ben - 1,000.00 matching grant.  Grant account needs to read 4,363.36 - Still needs 149.50
 
  
ISAIAHU http://reecesrainbow.org/90772/isaiahu - 1,000.00 matching grant. Grant account needs to read 1018.00 - Still needs 340.50
 
 
 
 AARON http://reecesrainbow.org/90768/aaron-2 - 1,000.00 matching grant. Grant account needs to read 1045.00 - Still needs 409.50
 
THANK YOU FOR LOVING THE ORPHAN!
 
 
STEPHAN - HE NEEDS A FAMILY! - He met his match!
 
  
 
 
  
 
 ALEX http://reecesrainbow.org/91928/alex - HIS FAMILY FOUND HIM!!!!
 
 
 

 






1 comment:

Loving words from kind people make our hearts glad!