Saturday, April 25, 2015

Scattered

Oh God, You are my God
And I will ever praise You
Oh God, You are my God
And I will ever praise You
And I will seek You in the morning
And I will learn to walk in Your ways
And step by step You'll lead me
And I will follow You all of my days

Almost 23 years ago Rob and I walked hand and hand down the aisle and out of the church with that song by Rich Mullins playing in the background. It was an unusual song for a recessional but for us it was our prayer.  It was and continues to be how we want to live our lives.
 
I'm sitting here alone in an airport in Eastern Europe where few speak my language.  My husband is several countries and a long train ride away.  My newest son slept again last night in his orphanage bed, surrounded by eight other little boys.  He's no longer an orphan but still waiting for his day of release.



 
My oldest is in college, my second son is at a boy scout event and my littlest is home. He's the only one home.
 
We are a family scattered and I am feeling it as I sit here alone.  I am so longing for the day when we will be gathered together under one roof.  On that day, when we gather at the table for the first time and reach out and hold hands to pray, on that day I guarantee I will leak tears from my eyes.  I will not want to let go of the hand on my left or the hand on my right.  I will want to forever freeze that moment together.  My scattered family, together.
 
 
Until then, we are walking in His ways, step by step.
 
And step by step You'll lead me
And I will follow You all of my days
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. this little boy seems to like stuffed animals !!!
    hope you are soon all together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia, we've been away, so I just got caught up here and have happy tears in my eyes. Thanking God for all He has done for all of you! Love you, sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In some ways life passes so slowly and at other times far too quickly. Praying for peace to fill your heart and soul, that the day you long for will be here soon and that you will be able to linger in that special moment you so long for now. May all of your days be filled with moments as special as you are. Peace. Barbara B

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a song that I sing often; at the top of my lungs while driving! I have sung it for years! It is so TRUE! Rich Mullins always said if he couldn't remember the words to his songs then they weren't important! I find his song words such gifts of prayer as well!
    We will rejoice with you when you are together again! :o)
    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen, Julie; Amen! He is glorified as you walk in His ways together and spread around the globe...Each one of you learning and growing and being those He created you to be!! Much Love!!

    ReplyDelete

Loving words from kind people make our hearts glad!