Sunday, January 18, 2015

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride


I'm knee deep in auction-listing.  If you come to my house you are going to have to wade through the mess!  Yesterday we were dressing G.I. Joe dolls, sorting through Legos, taking pictures of vases and books and other whatnots. We are looking in every nook and cranny for things we can sell!!
 
Our on-line auction will be benefitting THREE families and will start February 1st. 
 
Donations are gladly being accepted. Anything you want to donate. Just take a picture, send me a description with a suggested starting bid.  After the auction is over you will mail it to the highest bidder (you cover shipping as part of your donation)!!  Easy Easy.  Please don't send your stuff here... I won't be able to find it in the mess. 
 
On Thursday I made a Mr. Toad's Wild Ride trip to Richmond to get some papers apostilled for the adoption.  I was in a race against time because I had to get the papers to Texas by the next day so they could be carried across the ocean with another family who is adopting. Thank you Stephanie Barnett!!
 

 
 
 
My not-so-faithful GPS told me I had arrived about a half a mile before I had actually arrived. Thankfully I had done this before so I knew Garman wasn't right.  But the landscape had changed in 4 1/2 years.  Buildings were standing where parks had been and finding the right building was quite the challenge.  Can I just say that Richmond drivers like to honk their horns a lot!  Parking was a nightmare.  I drove and drove whispering prayers.  Please God, let me find a spot.  Please!!  Around and around until I found a public parking lot about a mile from the building. I pulled in to discover I would get the pleasure of paying $14.00 for 2 hours. Sweet.  A mile hike on slippery sidewalks just added sweetness to the journey.  Then I couldn't figure out which building it was because I had to enter from the back. When I asked a kind man on the street which building was the Commonwealth of Virginia building he pointed me in the wrong direction.  My papers cost $15.00 but I was grateful that I was in and out in 15 minutes. A mad dash back to my county and a trip to the post office to get them overnighted cost another $35.00.  Money flying out the window without pause.  You do what you have to do. 
 
Which is why my house is knee-deep in mess!
 
So stay tuned!
 
The Orphan's Treasures Auction is coming soon!
 
 
 
“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
 

1 comment:

  1. My son Isaiah received 2 new items (spirograph and puzzle) for his birthday. He immediately knew he wanted to donate them to a Mulligan's Stew or auction! He already has so much and his brothers from Bulgaria mean the world to him! So imagine our excitement seeing this post! We'll send our photos Wed./tomorrow!! ((((((((((BIG HUGS)))))))))))))

    ReplyDelete

Loving words from kind people make our hearts glad!